Saturday, November 22, 2008

like a Greek guard


like a Greek guard, originally uploaded by alaskapine.

The photo was taken about this time last year when my wife and I were on a tour which included Ukraine, Turkey and Greece. I believe it was taken near the National Gardens on Vasilissis Sofias street just off Syndagma Square in Athens. I noticed the afternoon sun slanting through the fence behind the guard and took a series of photos. I didn't notice the refraction until I uploaded the pictures to my computer.

I live near Port Alberni, BC, Canada and I like travel and photography. My pseudonym - alaskapine - is the name of a mill in New Westminster that burned down in 1967 despite attempt by Martin Mars water bombers to put out the fire. Sproat Lake where I now live is the maintenance base for the Mars aircraft.

No comments: